Friday, August 24, 2007

My Daughter

Yesterday we enjoyed the afternoon with some friends down at the chicken playground, which the kids love to go to. Well, it takes about a half hour to walk there, and the way is long for the youngsters, though I enjoy it. After we came back home from there, Ariel started hobbling along. When asked, she said that it was hurting, though it was a vague description, somewhere on the heel area. There was a slight mark, like perhaps she was starting to get a blister on the back side, but that was all.

This morning, we heard her jumping in her room before we even saw her, and sure enough, she was hopping on one foot because her heel was still hurting. Still no mark. All morning she whined about it. And then I told her I needed to walk down to the postbox- about a quarter mile, to send off a bill. She was to stay with the neighbors and play for a few minutes while I did the errand. Well, she insisted that she was well enough to come along, and so off we went. Sure enough, she was just fine, though a bit slow, but enjoyed the walk down.

I say all this to come to this point, which makes me smile broadly at her expanding vocabulary; On the way back, we neared the alleyway that leads towards home, and she said she wanted to take it instead of following the main road. I told her that walking up the very steep hill at the end would be difficult for her foot since it was sore, and she said, "Mommy, that's nonsense! It will just be fine." So funny! And sure enough, she was just fine and hasn't complained about her ailing foot since. Children can sure talk themselves into and out of a frenzy! But it makes for interesting days, to say the least, and I enjoy living life with them. Wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: