Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Evening

This is when the house settles down, and only the hum of the fridge and the computers can be heard. Of course, that's assuming that the children have actually nodded off, the kitchen has already been cleaned, and Mommy & Daddy aren't watching a movie. But I like quiet evenings at home, relaxing after a busy day. It gives me time to think. Sometimes thinking upon certain things too much, and others to hash out answers to daily dilemas, whilst still others contemplate things surreal and heavenly.

Tonight's subject on the mind: How many s'mores are too many? Is it when your belly feels as though it will reject the last one you just swallowed? Or after just one, when the melting chocolate combines with the honey graham with the gooey marshmallow in your mouth? You can savor that warm, crunchy, sweet, satisfying treat for months. Sometimes. It is indeed my most favorite summertime/autumn treat, and tonight I have to admit that I indulged in 3 of them. Yikes! So much for working on my waistline. Working on widening it, I guess! lol

I'm listening to the wild wind throw rain around outside and bash it against the house. It is kind of strange, because you can't hear it on the windows, as they are under roofing from the balconies, and the house does not shake because it is made of cement. Now, in the good ole States, you could feel the house swaying in a storm, and the beating of the rain against the windowpane not only makes a good rhyme, but is rhythmic enough to put you to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: